We offer classes, workshops, lunar and holiday celebrations, prayer and healing and community service.
Our individual services include ceremonies of blessings (pujas) for the following:
· Weddings and family blessings
· House Clearings
· Health and Well-being
· Planetary Propitiation
· Business Success and Legal Matters
· Conception, Births and First Menses
· Memorial Services
· Rites of Passage; Anniversaries, Graduations, etc.
We offer on-site classes for your organization:
· Meditation instruction
· Sanskrit and Vedic studies
· Yoga of music: Raga and Kirtan classes
· Ayurveda: the science of life and longevity
· Vaastu evaluations (the Vedic science of placement and design)
· Vedic art: classes in spiritual and sacred art, commissioned art for homes, shrines and meditation rooms: yantra paintings, copper yantras and icon paintings
What is unique about Shiva Sai Mandir?
Our many celebrations have a homey, intimate feel to them and the classes are small, often fewer than ten people. Everyone is welcomed to participate fully during the ceremony and is invited to perform their own pujas at the various altars. Under the tutelage of experienced Vedic Priests and experienced Pujaris, our community has collectively developed the skill of performing traditional pujas. Each ceremony is connected with a charitable service or offering to the community. This brings the blessings of the ceremony tangibly into the world and into the lives of the many people Shiva Sai Mandir serves.
Over the last two decades, Shiva Sai Mandir has cumulatively benefited the lives of over 5,000 participants and is now serving an international community through web-based programs and long-distance conferencing.
In a typical year, Shiva Sai Mandir’s accomplishments include:
- 6750 meals served to the homeless
- 524 Pujas Performed
- 2638 Visits to Our Temple
- 82 Fire Ceremonies
- 25 Courses Taught
- 30 Community Celebrations
- 12 School Presentations
- 6 Other Not-for-Profit Originations Given Volunteer Time
- Officiated: 6 House Blessings, 3 Memorials, 2 Cremations & 1 Wedding
- 3 Vaastu consultations
- 2 Regional Pilgrimages
- 1 Pilgrimage trip to India with a group of 9
Shiva Sai Mandir began as a small group of friends who met regularly to meditate and study. Over time, those friends felt inspired to formally dedicate a temple to Lord Shiva. In the summer of 1996, Shiva Sai Mandir became a formal organization and in the year 2000 became registered as a Colorado charitable corporation. Shiva Sai Mandir now serves several hundred people in the community. We are an all-inclusive organization with no formal membership requirements. Shiva Sai Mandir operates through the loving kindness of an all-volunteer staff and donations from friends and community members. We depend on financial contributions to keep the facility operating and our organization growing. We hope to build an expanded community center and temple building to improve our services to the community. Donations are always needed and dearly appreciated.
The full name of Shiva Sai Mandir is “Shiva Pratyakshita Hridrayalaaya” which has dual translations from Sanskrit as “The Place Where the Heart of Shiva is Revealed” and “The Place in the Heart Which Reveals Shiva.” Both translations describe the blessings that Shiva Sai Mandir brings to the community.
Community Prayer Altar
www.shivamandir.org is set up to receive prayer requests that are offered daily in a morning puja (click on E Temple).